Friday, July 24, 2009

Badwater















"On The First Part Of The Journey"
In Progress

I spent last week in Death Valley for the Badwater race, then afterwards I went back to see some places I don't have time to visit when I'm out there for the race. I have about two dozen ideas for paintings! Now I have to find the time to do it!

I'm calling this one "On the first part of the journey", if you can remember the words to the 1970s America song "A Horse With No Name" which is fitting for running Badwater. It's a new take on an old sketch I did back in 2002. I want to revamp some other paintings I did back then, but I have so many new ideas! My Badwater project will likely last several months.

That's okay. I can't think of a better place to be all summer!




No comments:

Post a Comment